Re: how to get update/insert SQL without committing to db

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 12:19:13 EST

    Tracing all changes can be accomplished by other means, e.g. via
    recording all GraphDiffs before commit (GraphDiffs are the internal
    format Cayenne uses to store object changes, that are later
    transformed to SQL).

    However I'd recommend investigating a DB-level backup solution, as a
    much more robust alternative. E.g. take a periodic production data
    dump, load it to the dev DB, then run some SQL script to make sure the
    data is appropriately massaged for the dev environment. This should
    work for the databases up to a certain size. Of course if you have
    terabytes of data, then it won't scale (or require a more fine grained
    approach to backup creation).

    Andrus