Re: Migrate from Hibernate3 to Cayenne :) ?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2008 - 13:27:13 EST

    > How similar is the Cayenne JPA annotation pack to the EJB3/
    > Hibernate3 ?

    JPA is a subset of EJB3 spec. So the annotations are EJB3. Our
    implementation of the JPA provider is still in alpha though.

    >> I would like to know if
    >> there's a trick to quickly
    >> migrate a Hibernate3 application to Cayenne(can be JPA too).

    That depends on the application. I don't think there is a single
    answer that fits all cases. My feeling is that migration of the
    mapping and persistent objects should be more or less straightforward.
    The rest depends on how the UI/Service layers are coded.

    Andrus