Re: CayenneObjectManager - alternative API for using Apache Cayenne

From: David Marko (dmark..iscali.cz)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2008 - 06:23:40 EST

    I just read both links. I think that having some concept, that avoids using DAO
    schema, would be very good. For most web applications DAO is just overhead and
    require to write large infrastructure. Would be good to have flexibility of
    ActiveRecord or Django ORM for many solutions where just 5 tables are involved
    and developer need to design application in quick way. My implementation came
    from https://activeobjects.dev.java.net/ . Author here creates entire ORM from
    scratch, I rather prefer ot use existing ORM(like Cayenne) and just create
    alternative API above.

    BTW: I think this is why people enjoy using GORM in Grails. GORM is just higher
    layer over Hibernate implemented in Groovy. People ussualy cry when using
    Hibernate in JAVA but praise GORM which stays over Hibernate. So good API matters.

    David