Raising an exception in a callback

From: Alexander Lamb (dev) ("Alexander)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 04:45:07 EST

    Hello List,

    I want to prevent a delete of an object if certain attributes have
    certain values (e.g. do not delete an invoice which has already been
    sent).

    I registered the callback in the Modeler. Works fine.

    I do my test in the callback function I defined, it works fine.

    Except that to "stop" the delete, I raise a RuntimeException (I don't
    see any other way). It works and is catched by the delete. However I
    do not get my exception, but an exception Cayenne has generated.

    What is the correct way to raise an exception and transfer up the
    correct error message?

    Thanks,

    Alex