Data Access Filters

From: Malcolm Edgar (malcolm.edga..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2008 - 00:31:38 EST

    Hi All,

    Does anyone have any good Cayenne patterns for applying data security
    in queries. The scenario I am talking about is where you have a
    client which only has access to certain records in a table, so when
    the query the table they should only see their records. Similar
    concept to Oracles Find Grained Access Control (FGAC).

    http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/oracle/guide8i/ch08_01.htm

    I know this can be done via WHERE clauses with custom code, however I
    wanted to know if anyone have a more generic approach and whether
    Cayenne provides any support for this.

    Hibernate provides something similar with Filters:

    http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/filters.html

    regards Malcolm Edgar