Paging in web application

From: John Emmanuel (emmanuel.joh..mail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2008 - 03:49:05 EDT

    Hi,

    Is there a best practice for paging in a web application.
    If so, can somebody please direct me to a demo/article/tutorial.

    If none is available could somebody just briefly tell me how
    they incorporated paging in a production webapp.

    I have read the documentation (which provides examples
    of paging in desktop apps), have gone through the
    petstore example (which uses ibatis PaginatedList (which btw has
    now been deprecated), but am not clear about the best way
    to go about it.

    regards,
    John Emmanuel