Driver+ClassLoader issue

From: Scott Anderson (sanderso..irvana.com)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 12:58:09 EDT

    I am using a special wrapper around my Driver so that I don't need to
    have the jar on the classpath. This trick clashes with the
    DriverDataSource class. Instead of failing immediately if the class
    doesn't exist, it might be prudent to check with the
    java.sql.DriverManager first - or, heck, even go there first - after
    all, that is the standard way of obtaining a Driver.

    Regards,

    Scott