java.lang.ClassFormatError

From: Andreas Bobek (andreas.bobe..mx.net)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2008 - 23:34:43 EDT

    Hello,

    I use cayenne 2.0.4, tomcat 5.5 and jdk 1.5.
    I generated (cgen) a superclass (_Basket) and a subclass (Basket) with no
    problem and use them in a standard servlet. I even can create instances and
    commit changes to the database. It all works fine.

    But in certain circumstandes I get a java.lang.ClassFormatError (at most
    "Invalid SourceFile attribute at constant pool index 63") in one of the
    three classes depending on where I first of all access a java.util.List via
    get(...).

    For example in _Basket this would crash:

    getObjectId().getIdSnapshot().get("foo")

    or in my servlet:

    List baskets = DataContext.createDataContext().performQuery(query);
    Basket basket = (Basket) baskets.get(0);

    I spent the last two days on that problem and meanwhile tested it at three
    different machines (win2000, xp, suse). It's always the same.

    Can somebody give me a hint? What I not tested yet is instead of using
    cayenne.jar using the lighter version and put the dependencies on my own.
    But could that really be the problem?

    Thanks for helping, Andreas Bobek.