Re: Fw: Fw: help on saving obj using relations

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 12:15:05 EDT

    Well, it sounds like you did something like "task =
    dataContext.newObject(Task.class)" and then "employee.setTask(task)",
    which would definitely cause an insert of a new task (and the same for
    department). If you have an existing task, it should only define the
    relationship between the employee and the task (inserting the
    employee, since you are creating a new one).