OracleSelectTranslator can not access OracleStatementWrapper

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Sun May 04 2008 - 22:18:28 EDT

    Hi there,

    We're testing the use of Oracle Database 10g (actually the Express
    Edition for testing) via the JDBC Thin driver
    (oracle.driver.OracleDriver). e.g., uri:
    jdbc:oracle:thin..ost:port:db

    We've downloaded the driver jar ojdbc5 11.1.0.6 here:
    http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/index.html

    However, we're seeing the below exception when attempting to create a
    statement. It's seemingly not surprising as the OracleStatementWrapper
    is not public.

    Does anyone have any suggestions or work-a-rounds for this?
    Thanks

    with regards,

    --

    Lachlan Deck

    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.apache.cayenne.dba.oracle.OracleSelectTranslator can not access a member of class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper with modifiers "public" [java] at sun.reflect.Reflection.ensureMemberAccess(Reflection.java:65) [java] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:578) [java] at org .apache .cayenne .dba .oracle .OracleSelectTranslator.createStatement(OracleSelectTranslator.java:132) [java] at org .apache .cayenne.access.jdbc.SelectAction.performAction(SelectAction.java:72) [java] at org .apache .cayenne.access.DataNodeQueryAction.runQuery(DataNodeQueryAction.java: 58) [java] at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataNode.performQueries(DataNode.java:230)