Invalidating cache from external process?

From: Andreas Pardeike (a..sys.se)
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 04:21:14 EDT

    Hi,

    I have an web application that serves html pages from a databases.
    That database is manipulated from a perl program that runs from
    within a proftpd ftp server. As a result, users can upload their
    html pages via ftp and the web application displays them.

    I want to cache the page queries in the web application but have
    not found a good way to invalidate a certain page in the cache once
    a user uploads a modified version of it.

    I use:

    - Tomcat on Linux
    - Tapestry 5
    - Cayenne 3
    - Mysql 5
    - Custom mod_exec perl script in proftpd

    What is the best approach here?

    /Andreas Pardeike