Re: Invalidating cache from external process?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 04:32:30 EDT

    for java-to-java invalidation I successfully used OSCache with
    JGroups. For non-java apps that change the data there are a few options:

    1. A private URL in a webapp that a script can access that would cause
    cache invalidation
    2. A timer local to the app that checks a special table in DB that is
    populated by the script on data changes.
    3. A timer running in a remote Java app that checks a DB table, and
    then notifies another app with JGroups.
    4. etc.

    Andrus