Newbie question about to-many ordered list

From: JGL (jglx3..mail.com)
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 21:30:43 EDT

    Hi All,

    I recently discovered Cayenne while searching for an alternative for
    Hibernate.
    I am very impressed with the easy & intuitive framework Cayenne provides.

    While porting my current Hibernate app to Cayenne, I did run into an issue
    which I'd like to seek your help:
    In Hibernate, the M side of 1-M relationship can be mapped as a list, which
    means it's ordered. I can specify the list-index column like this:

    <class name="Item" table="ITEM">
    <list name="bids">
    <key column="ITEM_ID" not-null="true"/>
    <list-index column="BID_POSITION"/>
    <one-to-many class="Bid"/>
    </list>
    </class>

    and the BID_POSITION is automatically managed by the framework.

    Is there any 'list index column' equivalent in Cayenne? How can I ask the
    framework to manage the list index ? or do I have to manage it by myself?

    Thanks very much!!