Re: Deadlock between commitChanges and snapshotsUpdatedForObjects

From: Martin Thelian (martin.thelia..ovo.cc)
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 03:08:41 EDT

    Hi!

    Andrus Adamchik schrieb:
    > Hmm... I don't see a deadlock, just a contention with other threads
    > waiting for "userDataBeanMessageListener-5" to finish commit. So does
    > it result in slowness or a complete deadlock?
    It's not just slow, these threads completely bock each other. The first
    thread userDataBeanMessageListener-5 can not finish it's commit because
    it seems to be waiting for the DB to release a lock to a table the other
    thread is accessing. And the second thread userDataBeanMessageListener-1
    can not finish its query because of the synchronized block it can not enter.

    The only thing I can do if this problem occurs is to kill the runtime
    and start it again.

    > (there are known issues with nested contexts [1], but there weren't
    > any with the top-level contexts in a while).
    No we don't use nested context. But we are using transaction.

    Regards,
    Martin