Re: Deadlock between commitChanges and snapshotsUpdatedForObjects

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 05:14:34 EDT

    On 19. mai. 2008, at 09.20, Martin Thelian wrote:

    > thank you for the hints. I'll try the patch. Are there any pitfalls
    > when
    > using this patch?

    No pitfalls that I have found. It solved the problem for us. We used
    it in production for some time before we moved to a 3.0 milestone that
    had the patch built in.

    After applying the patch our slow MS SQL Server got beaten ever more
    by our application as the database had to handle several commits in
    parallel. After moving over to PostgreSQL, things are a lot smoother.

    Regards,
      - Tore.