SelectQuery and new objects

From: Dirk Lattermann (dlat..lqualonde.de)
Date: Mon May 19 2008 - 15:16:42 EDT

    Hello list,

    as small first steps (again) with Cayenne, I created some data objects
    via DataContext's newObject(MyDataObject.class). Then, without
    committing, I created an unqualified SelectQuery to fetch all objects of
    class MyDataObject. Executing it on the DataContext, only objects from
    the database are included in the returned list.

    Is this expected? I couldn't find something explicit in the docs. To my
    understanding, running the query on the DataContext should return all
    objects known to it, even if they aren't in the database yet. This would
    be like uncommitted data in a database session, which is visible for
    queries in this same session.

    Thank you.
    Dirk