Anybody using UUIDs with Cayenne?

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 15:51:14 EDT

    Hello all

    Let's have another question. :)

    Has anybody used UUIDs with Cayenne? I am interested in two use cases:

    - Configuring Cayenne so that UUIDs can be used in DataObjects without the
    need for casts. I tried this some while ago, but Cayenne did not like this
    when reading data from the database.

    - Storing UUIDs in a database when the database does not support UUIDs
    natively. Using varchar(36) seems obvious, but are there any other
    concepts?

    I am interested in any thoughts, input, comments.

    Cheers,
    Adrian