Java 6 [Was: Cayenne and JAX-WS / JAXB]

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 07:15:29 EDT

    I don't disagree with that (although check the EOL note here [1]),
    still this shouldn't matter. Consider that Cayenne being Java 1.4 in
    the recent past did not prevent us from fully supporting enums. The
    mechanism to develop and test multi-JDK extensions is there, so if we
    see a benefit, we can easily start adding Java6-only features.

    To me personally the turning point in my interest in Java 6 was Apple
    releasing the JDK for Mac about a month ago. Until then I didn't
    bother to look this way.

    Andrus

    [1] http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp