getArray matching specific criteria?

From: Garcia Corral, Josep (josep.garci..ecsidel.es)
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 09:45:53 EDT

    Hello,

    Having this:

    Class Master {
                int id;
    };

    Class Detail {
                int id_master;
                String data;
    };

    I cannot figure out how to perform a SelectQuery to obtain detail records matching a condition, equivalent to a pseudocode SQL sentence like this:

    Select Detail.* from Detail, Master where Detail.id_master = myMasterInstance_id and data = other_value;

    In pseudocode Java, I would like to have:

    Master myMaster;
    List<Detail> list = myMaster.getDetailArray( data field matching specific criteria);

    Is it a good practice to do it via SelectQuery, or is it better to do this via SQLTemplate?

    Josep