Re: [ANN] Cayenne 3.0M4 Released

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 05:09:15 EDT

    On May 30, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Borut Bolčina wrote:

    > I tried launching Cayenne Modeler within Eclipse by clicking on
    > cayenne.xml
    > (I associated cayenne-3.0M4-win\bin\CayenneModeler.exe with
    > cayenne.xml
    > before at General/Editors/File Associations in Eclipse preferences)
    > and it
    > still does not open a project in the modeler, although the modeler
    > starts
    > (as in M3). This worked in some previous versions (I don't remember
    > which
    > ones).

    Probably it worked back in 1.2.x when we used a different technology
    for .exe wrapper that we had to drop in favor of NSIS for licensing
    reasons. I think this is achievable with NSIS as well, we may just
    need somebody versed into Windows programming to help us fix it (I
    think it has something to do with CLASPATH definition relying on
    relative path in japplication plugin that produces the .exe: [1])

    > One other thing.Looking at
    > http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/api/org/apache/cayenne/query/DeleteQuery.html
    > ,
    > is there a typo in class comment saying: "*Deprecated.* *since 3.0.
    > Should
    > be replaced either with EJBQL update query or SQLTemplate.*" Should
    > there be
    > EJBQLDelete?

    Good catch. There is no EJBQLDelete (for whatever reason JPA spec does
    not define it, and we followed it here)... I guess we just need to
    clarify the javadocs.

    Andrus

    [1] https://svn.objectstyle.org/repos/woproject/trunk/woproject/woproject-ant-tasks/src/resources/japplication/windows/app.nsi