NamedQuery / SQLTemplate keyPath validation

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 02:26:29 EDT

    Hi there,

    (question related to ROP)

    say I've got an Expression (whether complex or otherwise) and I want
    to utilise that Expression in a NamedQuery or SQLTemplate... what's
    the easiest way to transform the expression to an sql equivalent
    string? (i.e., such that, e.g.,, boolean values are transformed from
    say true to 1 (if using an int column), dates are formatted
    appropriately etc, comparison operators are transformed (e.g., != to
    <>) etc.

    I see that there's a QueryAssembler and QualifierTranslator etc, but
    what I'm looking for, I guess, is a something like
    expression.toSQLString(baseEntity).

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    with regards,