NamedQuery / SQLTemplate + using Expressions

From: Lachlan Deck (lachlan.dec..mail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 03:12:05 EDT

    Hi there,

    (question related to ROP)

    say I've got an Expression (whether complex or otherwise) and I want
    to utilise that Expression in a NamedQuery or SQLTemplate... what's
    the easiest way to transform the expression to an sql equivalent
    string? (i.e., such that, e.g.,, boolean values are transformed to
    their db equivalent (e.g., from say true to 1), dates are formatted
    appropriately etc, comparison operators are transformed (e.g., != to
    <>) etc.

    I see that there's a QueryAssembler and QualifierTranslator etc, but
    what I'm looking for, I guess, is a something like
    expression.toSQLString(baseEntity).

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    with regards,