Re: Cayenne version 3.0 compatible java 1.4

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2008 - 14:51:36 EDT

    Unless there's something 3.0 M1 or M2 specific that you need, you will
    be better off with 2.0 (1.2). 2.0 is maintained and bugs are fixed.
    That will not be true for 3.0M2.

    If you're going to use 3.0M2, you should probably plan on building it
    from svn as you'll have to maintain patches yourself.

    Another possibility you may want to investigate is retroweaver. In
    theory you can use it to recompile 3.0 into Java 1.4 compatible byte
    code. Report back on how well this works if you go this route. I
    know it's successfully used by other Java 5 projects to maintain 1.4
    binary compatiblity (like Myfaces Tobago).

    http://retroweaver.sourceforge.net/