setStorageEngine method

From: Borut Bolčina (borut.bolcin..mail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 05:39:18 EDT

    Hello,

    would it make sense to declare the method setStorageEngine in AutoAdapter?
    Is there any other adapter besides MySqlAdapter that this method can be
    called upon?

    Currently I am using AutoAdaper and I had one wrong expectation about
    deployment environment. I thought the server running the clustered engine
    will have the variable table_type set to NDBCLUSTER which is not the case,
    so I will have to use setStorageEngine for my tables to be generated by
    DbGenerator (didn't try this although) with the correct engine type.

    Because I don't know other vendor databases, I don't know if the
    setStorageEngine is even in context for databases other than MySQL.

    A simple cast should do for now I guess.

    Regards,
    Borut