I discovered that for some of the cases it is the relationships that
actually cause the massive memory consumption, not the
Once I realized this, I modified my app to do the following:
- perform a normal query. Everything into memory using a normal query.
- do some simple checks on each object to see if it requires processing
- if the object requires processing (evaluation of relationships), then first
create a datacontext for every object to be processed and then use
DataContext.localObject() & process the object within the newly
- everything is now nicely garbage collected while at the same time
using a sensible amount of memory to speeed up the Java code
that does the selection of which records to process
Being able to select which columns to load on demand will be
important elsewhere though.
-- Řyvind Harboe http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html ARM7 ARM9 XScale Cortex JTAG debugger and flash programmer
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0.0 : Mon Jun 30 2008 - 08:46:53 EDT