Exception in SAXParserFactory.newInstance with 3.0M4

From: Jerald Dawson (jdawso..rk.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2008 - 15:55:16 EDT

    Hello

    I'm new to cayenne (actually a webobjects guy) and I'm trying to get
    it working. I'm was able able to get modeler working and I created a
    model for accessing a mysql database. Everything seemed pretty simple
    but now when I try to run my app that uses the model, when I call
    DataContext.createDataContext(), it terminates my app. I've poked
    around a bit and the crash is actually happening in the
    SAXParserFactory.newInstance method that is called during the
    ConfigLoader initialization, specifically during the "parser =
    Util.createXmlReader();" call. Seems to be throwing a class not found
    exception but I can't be sure since it just ungracefully terminates
    the app with not stack dump. Anyway, that kind of puzzles me since my
    understanding was the all the SAX parser stuff came with java (I'm
    using 1.5 on Mac OS X 10.5). I thought it might be that it could be
    that it can't find my xml files but I tried just hard coding the path
    to the cayanne.xml file and it still does not work. Any help would be
    appreciated.

    jerald dawson