Re: 'not an instance of declaring class' on Weblogic-Oracle

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 08:37:32 EDT

    Hi Parth,

    So it works under JBoss, but not under Weblogic?

    I have a few suspects - (1) some nested ClassLoader nastiness (Oracle
    Clob implementation is loaded more than once), and (2) DataSource
    wrapping objects, so that the java.sql.Clob available to Cayenne is
    not a oracle.sql.CLOB. Another thing worth checking is that the Oracle
    driver versions are the same on both app servers.

    Anyways, I am inclined to believe that (2) is more likely. So I
    reworked the algorithm to avoid using reflection for CLOB updates
    under Oracle:

    https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-1085

    This code is committed on trunk and should soon be available from the
    Hudson server:

    http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/lastBuild/
    http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/lastBuild/org.apache.cayenne$cayenne-server/

    (check the build info per link above; build # should be 175 or higher).

    Let me know if that fixed the problem.

    Thanks,
    Andrus