Re: Queries order on commit.

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 10:35:19 EDT

    On Jul 18, 2008, at 5:10 PM, Laurent Marchal wrote:

    > Hi !
    >
    > I would like to do some DELETEs and INSERTs in one transaction, but
    > since DELETE is made after the INSERTs, it deletes the fresh
    > inserted values...

    Yeah, weird. Could you post some sample code? Looking at your log, you
    delete a dependent object from a relationship, and then readd a new
    one? IMO the solution should be modifying the existing object instead
    of doing delete/insert.

    > Is there a way to force cayenne to do DELETE before all others
    > operations when a commit occurs ?

    The ordering algorithm is based on the changed objects graph
    dependency analysis, to provide ordering consistent with FK
    constraints. It does not address a scenario of object identity (PK)
    disappearing and then reappearing again. There is probably a way to
    customize it (although likely not an easy one), but I still feel like
    this is not a valid case.

    Andrus