Cayenne 3.0M4 ignoring extended data types

From: Chris Gamache (cgamach..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 12:24:17 EDT

    Where do I begin? :)

    I have a few special data types that I've created ExtendedType classes for.
    I'm checking out Cayenne 3.0M4 to see if it fixes a problem with an error
    I've been getting: "Can't perform lookup. There is more than one ObjEntity
    mapped to class ..."

    I have multiple cayenne.xml files (is that the right way to describe what
    I'm doing?) because there are several project libraries we have created,
    and each use and manage their own Cayenne config. We have a framework where
    new Cayenne maps get inserted into an existing Cayenne instance if one
    already exists. It seems to work well most of the time. Sometimes there IS
    some overlap where one library will access a table that the other library
    accesses as well. Their classes are in different packages. Their short name
    might be the same, though. My application runs under Tomcat, and sometimes
    when it comes up it works fine, and sometimes when it comes up, I get the
    error. If I restart the app enough, eventually I'll get it to start and run.
    That's a scary place to be. This prompted my move to 3.0M4 which has a bug
    fix for the EntityResolver, which I'm hoping eliminates this problem.

    So, I'm testing my app, and I notice that my extended types are fine until I
    try to access a field with an extended type through a relation. At that
    point, it ignores the extended type and operates as though there were no
    extended type registered. I had a similar problem in 2.0.3 where the IN
    operator would ignore the extended data type (
    http://www.nabble.com/ExtendedType-and-IN-operator-td13905838.html#a14040290).
    I was instructed to upgrade to 3.0M2 to see if the problem still existed. I
    opted for a workaround since, at the time, that was less scary than an
    upgrade

    I would like to work through getting the ExtendedType classes recognised in
    3.0M4, unless there a way to fix the 2.0 problem.

    TIA!,

    CG