Re: Unique persistent object and caching issue

From: Francois Eyl (fey..maeur.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 17:43:30 EDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm working with Laurent on the same project and we have a strange
    behavior with this architecture.

    Lets say, we have our MASTER and MASTER_AUX tables, also the right
    relationship between them.

    We've set the database up as read only to simulate a database write error.

    When we ask cayenne to update record in MASTER and insert some in
    MASTER_AUX an error occurs (because of read only db), which is normal.
    Here we ask for a rollback on the data context. MASTER's record get
    rolled back and new MASTER_AUX objects get transient state (which is
    normal).

    But the strange thing is the following, when we ask to MASTER its
    MASTER_AUX objects (by the relationship), cayenne returns all MASTER_AUX
    objects even the transients.

    This the problem with this behavior cause that on the next commit all
    transient MASTER_AUX object wont be committed to the database.

    Is it a normal behavior ?

    BTW - we are using cayenne 3.0M4

    Thanks

    Francois