Re: Re: SQLTemplate and setPageSize()

From: Jens Mayer (Jens.Mayer..mx.de)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2008 - 16:40:04 EDT

    Andrus, thanks for your reply.

    > So is named query mapped via the Modeler or do you add it in the code?

    The query is mapped via the Modeler, but it's not shared across DataContexts. Cloning the query doesn't change anything - the exception is thrown again.
    In the mapping, the checkbox "Fetch Data Objects" is disabled - perhaps this is the cause for the empty root ?

    > In the meantime you can use a workaround:
    >
    > localQuery.setRoot("MyEntity");

    This solves the problem, unfortunately the SQL-Script is more complex - the result contains additional information which is lost after setting the root.

    > Care to log a bug report in Jira?

    never done that before, but I'll do my very best... ;-)

    Jens
    -------- Original-Nachricht --------
    Betreff: Re: SQLTemplate and setPageSize()
    Datum: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 11:26:00 -0400
    Von: Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org>
    An: use..ayenne.apache.org

    Not quite sure why the root is null. So is named query mapped via the Modeler or do you add it in the code?

    As an aside (this may have nothing to do with your problem), all mapped queries are shared across DataContexts, so you may have a race condition when you attempt to modify the query in the code. So you may want to clone the query like that:

    SQLTemplate localQuery = rawQuery.queryWithParameters(...);
    localQuery.setpageSize(50);

    Andrus