Re: NUMERIC default scale behaves differently on Derby & SQL Server

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2008 - 14:16:11 EDT

    On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > Cayenne doesn't do anything special on Derby vs. SQLServer in this respect.

    My thinking was that databases behaved differently here and that
    Cayenne then either defines that the default behaviour is undefined
    when scale is not specified or that Cayenne defines it to be the
    same as whatever the database does.

    > Is this behavior happening for selected objects or when binding a query
    > parameter?

    First I run an update w/a prepared statement(or rather Cayenne uses prepared
    statements for updates) and afterwards the queries return e.g. "1"
    instead of "1.5".

    If I run a select statement from *outside* Cayenne, it reveals that the data in
    the database are actually truncated.

    Is there a testcase for this in Cayenne?

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html