Re: Making columnOriginal and columnNew public

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2008 - 07:02:27 EDT

    On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Tore Halset <halse..vv.ntnu.no> wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > (This is related to merging)
    >
    > Another option to solve the same would be to create a
    > AbstractToDbToken.mayRemoveInformation() that all ToDb tokens will have to
    > implement? Need to find a better name. What do you think?

    I think I would prefer the mayRemoveInformation() to be in a utility class
    where I can copy and paste the code into the application if I need to
    modify it...

    Is there such a thing as a canonical definition of what "may remove
    information" means?

    For instance there may be *another* piece of code that does not use Cayenne
    that would be harmed by such a change and therefore table X should not
    be modified thus...

    I'm leaning towards leaving this in the application domain....

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html