Re: DbMerger/MySQL compatibility

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 14:07:13 EDT

    On Aug 28, 2008, at 19:34, Scott Anderson wrote:

    > It looks like the DbMerger in 3.0M4 isn't properly detecting whether
    > NULL is allowed for columns when using MySQL. Is this another issue
    > that
    > has already been fixed in trunk?

    I do not remember. Can you try with the latest build?
    http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cayenne-trunk/lastBuild/org.apache.cayenne$cayenne-modeler-java/

    Unpack cayenne-modeler-java-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and run the
    CayenneModeler.jar.
    (Why do we have a jar with a jar??

    > Does it seem reasonable to expect the MySQL adapter to know that
    > MyISAM
    > doesn't support db-enforced FKs? I don't have the ability to use
    > InnoDB
    > on one of my target platforms, so DbMerger inevitably complains about
    > the relationships every time I check the schema.

    Please create a jira for this one. Is it possible to detect this via
    jdbc?

    It is not complete, but please log any issues you find, so we can fix
    them. I normally only use PostgreSQL and Derby, so I will detect
    things there first.

    Regards,
      - Tore.