Result Set Filters?

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 13:43:22 EDT

    Lets say that I might want to filter my result set by eliminating
    certain entries. What is the recommended (i.e. best practice) method
    of filtering the result set so that you can produce a Java List that
    is a subset of the original result set?

    I would like to accomplish this in much the same way as sort-ordering
    a result-set.

    BTW, the reason I want to do this is that the SQL filter would be
    complex when compared with Java List processing.