Cayenne configuration with Maven

From: Stephen Winnall (stev..innall.ch)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 18:20:27 EDT

    I'm trying to set up a new project using Maven. I'm new to Cayenne and
    Maven. I use NetBeans 6.1 and I've managed to get everything compiled.
    However, when I try to run it, it falls at the first hurdle. This is
    my program:

             DataContext context = DataContext.createDataContext();
         }

    It fails with the following messages:

    Exception in thread "main"
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.ConfigurationException: [v.1.2.4 October 8
    2007] Error during Configuration initialization. [v.1.2.4 October 8
    2007] Load failures. Main configuration class:
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.conf.DefaultConfiguration, details:
             domain.node.name=XwRepositoryNode,
    domain.node.datasource=XwRepositoryNode.driver.xml, reason: DataSource
    load failed - org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory
             at
    org
    .objectstyle
    .cayenne
    .conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
    321)
             at
    org
    .objectstyle
    .cayenne
    .conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
    294)
             at
    org
    .objectstyle
    .cayenne
    .conf.Configuration.initializeSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
    275)
             at
    org
    .objectstyle
    .cayenne.conf.Configuration.getSharedConfiguration(Configuration.java:
    212)
             at
    org
    .objectstyle
    .cayenne.access.DataContext.createDataContext(DataContext.java:242)
             at org.vimia.xw.PopulateNst.main(PopulateNst.java:23)

    I've got org.apache.cayenne.conf.DriverDataSourceFactory in my
    classpath by using org.apache.cayenne.unpublished:cayenne-jdk1.5-
    unpublished:3.0-SNAPSHOT.

    I downloaded Cayenne 3.0-SNAPSHOT and built and installed it in my
    local repository.

    I've tried changing cayenne-log.properties to switch on debugging, but
    I don't think it is being found. I get the impression that the file
    XwRepositoryNode.driver.xml is not being found either. I have copied
    them both manually to the same place as cayenne.xml. I know
    cayenne.xml is being found because I got a different error complaining
    about that before I did the manual copy.

    Where do these files go? How do I tell Maven about these files so it
    copies them to the right place for run-time?

    Steve