Re: Any other ROP examples?

From: Demetrios Kyriakis (demetrios.kyriaki..mail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 06:26:02 EDT

    >> Are there any ROP based projects that could be used as example?
    >> I mean some non-trivial examples (not like those from the SVN)
    >
    > I have a non-trivial ROP client/server desktop application. But
    > unfortunately the source is not available at this time. I'd be happy to
    > answer specific questions you might have. Cayenne 3, Jetty 6, Hessian.
    That's great. Thank you :).

    > Are you building a web app or a desktop application?
    I'm evaluating ROP for a Swing based application (i.e. some Clients
    are Swing based).
    (for web applications, ClickFramework + Cayenne Classic looks much
    simpler).

    I wanted to use DataViewes too because it looks much closer to what I
    need (from a Swing perspective), but it doesn't look to work with the
    ROP "transport" style (or maybe I don't get the big picture of how to
    make it work).

    Does ROP support some sort of "offline work" ? e.g. when for various
    reasons a few minutes the client is disconnected, to be still responsive?

    What about the cache-ing strategy on the Client? I mean how smart is it?
    Can this all be configured simply from the Cayenne Modeler like for
    Cayenne Classic?

    Thank you,

    Demetrios.