Re: restricting qualifiers turned off?

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2008 - 07:26:12 EST

    On 11/11/2008, at 11:15 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

    > BTW this thing will only work on the trunk, because Cay entities are
    > made
    > serializable in CAY-1080 and not in M4.
    > I have qualifiers in all tables (deleted="0", as I've already
    > explained
    > somewhere). But sometimes I will need all records, even deleted ones.

    That's exactly the same use-case for us, and I assume for what Lachlan
    is working on now. In almost every place we want to suppress selecting
    deleted records... except when we don't. Perhaps we could copy the
    entire model and switch in a model without qualifiers when we need it?

    Whatever the solution, disabling qualifiers could be a little bit of
    trouble since it isn't something you want to do without the
    programming equivalent of "are you really sure you want to do this?".
    For this reason, having deleted="0" in the model is better than
    remembering to add it to all select expressions, following relations,
    etc.

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001