RE: The most important interfaces of Cayenne

From: Theresa Stewart (tstewar..mausa.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2008 - 11:03:34 EST

    I started with the tutorial, and this gave me an example to refer to.

    Then I built up from the tutorial, using the Users Guide. I tried
    pretty much every feature that I will need to understand (due to an
    existing software base that I will contribute to), and I've placed this
    "strawman" onto the modelling version of Eclipse (so I can see the tools
    available to me to help learn a software architecture for an existing
    system), and plan to use it to help evaluate GUI testing tools. There's
    nothing like putting yourself into a "hot seat" and trying to make
    something work the way you visualize it to work.

    "It is difficult, if not impossible, for anyone to learn a subject
    purely by reading about it,
    Without applying the information to specific problems
     and thereby forcing himself to thing about what has been read.

    Furthermore, we all learn best the things that we have discovered
    ourselves."
                                                             -Donald Knuth,
    The Art of Computer Programming