Object Caching in 1.2

From: Dave Merrin (dmerri..pasystems.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2008 - 11:44:25 EST

    Hi,

    I'm trying to speed up some code I've got. I've got two connected
    tables, Newspaper and Edition. Newspapers contain several editions.
    Initially I get back a list of newspapers with a single query. Then I
    want to get the editions for each newspaper. I use
    newspaper.getToEdition() to do this. Unfortunately this results in one
    query per newspaper.

    To try and speed things up I thought I could get a list of all editions
    back with a single query. I assumed cayenne would store them in the
    object cache and save the query per newspaper problem above.
    Unfortunately it doesn't.

    I'm using Cayenne 1.2. Am I doing something wrong or am I just expecting
    too much from Cayenne.

    Cheers,

    Dave