Re: Using Cayenne with RCP and Birt?

From: Laurent Marchal (contac..enux.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 05:03:33 EST

    Hello,

        I am sucessfully using cayenne in a big eclipse RCP application (25
    plugins), we use BIRT chart library to programmatically create dynamic
    charts, and we are also integrating some BIRT reports into the RCP.

    I don't know exaclty what you want to do, but BIRT can't use Cayenne
    directly (you will have to develop an ODA driver to bridge the two),
    it's possible but i don't see the utility, BIRT + JDBC is pretty nice
    and simple.

    You can see an example of BIRT using hibernate as data source here :
    http://docs.jboss.org/tools/whatsnew/birt/birt-news-1.0.0.Alpha1.html
    https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2220

    Cheers.

    Laurent Marchal