Re: Relaxed optimistic locking possible?

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2008 - 12:11:19 EST

    I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but if you need to modify the
    optimistic locking stuff at run-time, without effecting other things
    using your map, then you might want to copy your DataMap:

    http://cwiki.apache.org/CAY/copying-datamaps.html

    You can use the original with the optimistic locking set for normal
    transactions and modify the copy to be free of the locks. This code
    dates back to Cayenne 1.2, but should still be valid for Cayenne
    2.0/3.0 (change the imports from org.objectstyle.cayenne to
    org.apache.cayenne)