[OT-kinda] How to perform equivalent of Cayenne prefetching for pure JPA application?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2008 - 16:50:05 EST

    Is there a way to perform the equivalent of Cayenne prefetching for a
    pure JPA application?
    I've just started working with a JPA project, and to pull in 3
    records, it ends up executing over 700 sql statements, many of which
    seem to be the same sets of dependent records pulled in, one record
    per query, a problem I'd solve in Cayenne using prefetching.