query_governor_cost_limit setting not working with cayenne?

From: KathyS (scarletkath..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 18:08:21 EST

    Hello,

    I'm retrofitting an existing project to use Cayenne back end. We use SQL
    Server, and we need to be able in certain cases to prevent long running
    queries from starting. SQL Server does that by using
    query_governor_cost_limit setting and comparing it with time estimation
    prior to running the query. And it works with plain JDBC - executing in the
    same connection "SET query_governor_cost_limit x" and the long running
    select query results in the query being canceled. But it doesn't work with
    Cayenne for some reason. I made a query chain, and added the governor as the
    first query, then long running select. It all gets executed, which - in this
    case - is a big problem! Log is shown below. I'd appreciate advice. Is
    cayenne re-setting connection between queries in a chain? Is there any funky
    stuff going with PreparedStatement?

    INFO QueryLogger: SET query_governor_cost_limit 2
    INFO QueryLogger: SELECT ...
    INFO QueryLogger: === returned 2700 rows. - took 15594 ms.

    Thanks!!
    Kathy