Child commit and rollback question

From: Zissis Trabaris (z.trabari..nsysware.com)
Date: Sat Mar 07 2009 - 13:54:28 EST

    It might be me not finding this in the documentation but here is the
    question anyway. Given table A with a toMany relationship to table B,
    it's obvious that when I get all instances of table B they share the
    same context as table A. When making changes to a table B instance and a
    table A instance, I would like to be able to commit and rollback ONLY
    table B's data. Since commitChanges() from the context's perspective
    will commit changes to A and B, is there a way to isolate commits and
    rollbacks to just one table? From what I understand, nested contexts
    will not do this for me because if B was associated to a nested context
    of A's context, commitToParent() will not commit B's data to the
    database until I run commitChanges() on A.

    Any help here would be appreciated.

    Zissis Trabaris * Chief Technology Officer * INSYSWARE * 3235 West River
    Road, Grand Island, New York, 14072, USA
    Mobile (716) 930-5654 * Office (518) 636-4118 * Fax (716) 625-1305 *
    z.trabari..nsysware.com <mailto:%20%20z.trabaris@insysware.com> *
    www.insysware.com <http://www.insysware.com/>

    CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain
    disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
    please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank
    you.