Question re: data types

From: Chad Smith (chadksmith..mail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 12 2009 - 11:55:44 EDT

    it doesn't look like cayenne 2.0.4 will read a decimal database type into a java Float. Is that correct? Originally I had the database type as float and persistence worked fine but then I converted all the database fields to decimal(10,2) - a better representation of money values than the float type - but now the persistence acts like everything works fine but the values don't actually read/write to the database.

    I guess my question then, is what is the best way to handle money values on the db type and the java type?

    thanks in advance.
    Chad