Re: Relationships without FK constraints?

From: Joseph Schmidt (joseph_schmidt7..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 15:44:54 EDT

    > I am curious: how are your
    > related-tables managed in a relational database without
    > FK's? Is there no RDB perspective in the design?
    The ORM does it. e.g. ActiveRecord for Ruby on Rails applications, or other ORMs/stacks that work on similar concepts (and there are quite many lately).

    If I see, even Cayenne Modeler supports at generating the DB to skip the creation of FKs. See the second checkbox from the following screen:
    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/generate-database-schema.data/generate-options.jpg

    Joseph.