Conditional relationship mapping?

From: Joseph Schmidt (joseph_schmidt7..ahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 28 2009 - 13:28:18 EDT

    Is it possible for Cayenne(and the Modeler) to map conditional relationships?

    I have a table, e.g. "tag" that relates to too many other tables, but one row is always related only to one table. This is done by having
    instead of many foreign keys columns, just with 2 in a generic way:
    - 'related_table' contains the name of the target table, and
    - 'related_row_id' is the 'id' of the row in the target table.

    I see this scenario in many schemes lately, where at least 3 or 4
    tables behave like the above "tag" table.

    Is it possible to map efficiently such a scenario with Cayenne(and the modeler)? If it is, how?

    thanks,
    Joseph.