MySql connection timeout

From: Dave Merrin (dmerri..pasystems.co.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 06:30:51 EDT

    Hi,

    I've read about and understand that my application is having its
    connection timed out after 8 hours of inactivity using MySql. I've set
    the timeout to be 120 seconds so I can try and reproduce the error
    without waiting for 8 hours. Unfortunately I'm never seeing the problem.
    I connect, make some queries, sleep for 3 minutes, then make some more
    queries. I never get the timeout exception.

    Is Cayenne doing something behind the scenes?

    Cheers,

    Dave