Re: MySql connection timeout

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 09:14:23 EDT

    On Mar 31, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Dave Merrin wrote:

    > I'm using the Cayenne PoolManager. I've just turned on the logging
    > for this class and discovered my connection is timing out. Cayenne
    > is then attempting a reconnection. Can the reconnection be disabled
    > or do I need to stop using the PoolManager to get this functionality.

    Ah right. Forgot about that, as I am using DBCP pools most of the
    time. Not sure why you'd want to disable the reconnect if it works,
    but I suggest that you either use a container provided DataSource via
    JNDIDataSourceFactory or use DBCP pool via Cayenne:

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/using-jndi.html
    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/dbcpdatasourcefactory.html

    Both options are giving you a whole lot of flexibility.

    Andrus